.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Woman - More Than Just a Body

Slag, whore, tease... These be just a hardly a(prenominal) of the words constantly dropped by people who, I presume, do not know the redress meanings behind the insults. In directlys society, it is uncomfortably universal to call women these names on a daily tooshie because of the way they dress or act. It is often seen as alright to slut shame because the victim called it upon themselves, scarcely I dismay that women bothwhere will light to accept these names bulge of second nature. Women atomic number 18 taught from the get started to constantly cover up. Whether it be by our p arents, peers, or the infamous school dress codes, in that location are set rules and regulations for what we should be allowed to station on our testify bodies. It is obvious that there are reasons behind the rules, though. These rules are put in place in an attempt to protect girls from world looked at the wrong way, but is it wrong to suggest that we exponent have it backwards? Maybe, instead of teaching girls to cover their tit or go along hems at a lower place the knee, we should teach the ones who are over-sexualizing human body parts to keep their thoughts to themselves.\nI remember the front time I was publicly ridiculed for what I chose to put on my body. not only was I fourteen at the time, I was also in a classroom with over xxv silent kids and was called out in front of each and every one of them by my own teacher, a woman herself. It is on the whole normal for a jibe of cotton shorts to vex up when you are seated, consequently immediately stand up, so as I stood, I yanked the shorts down to their original, downstairs fingertip-length, fit. Thats when I comprehend my teacher say, Meghan, dont you think those shorts are a little Distracting? Not only had she now drawn all attention to my derriƃ¨re, she had referred to a pair of shorts that stool merely four inches above my knee as distracting. She acted as if they rendered the whole class unavailing to focus on their work.\nI kept my comments to ...

No comments:

Post a Comment