.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Analysis of the Voice by Thomas Hardy

POEM THE VOICE BY THOMAS HARDY What is the genre of this song? To me this poem speaks ab surface Woman Much Missed Meaning thither is some ane very dear to the poet that is much missed & is no semipermanent seen. The poem has a sense of Reminiscence, Depression, Sorrow & Death. What is the dance step of portion? The tone of voice is rather Nostalgic, Emotive and Anxious. Because he says Let me view you, then, stand up as when I drew near to the town Where you would wait for me yes as I knew you then,What is the theme? The theme is rather about love and a great loss. Because it says Saying that now you ar not as you were, When you had changed from the one who was all to me What is the structure? The structure is rather Emphatic, because he emphasizes when he says How you telephone to me, call to me twice. What is the setting? The setting is in a rather bad & depressed/scared mood. He says Thus I faltering forwards shows hes fear to move on without this woman. What is the Ima ge being Portrayed?The poet is setting a rather mysterious/miserable image. underground because as he says Can it be you that I hear? It makes you inquire if the poet is going mad. Miserable because he shows how much he misses this woman by saying Woman much missed What is the Key Statement? The come across statement to me is in the title because the title in itself makes you reason out what the poem is about. The title is THE VOICE, this title would make me ask, Why the voice? , Who is the voice? What about the voice? So in short its all about the voice. What is the sound being visualised? The impression being portrayed to me is that life is all about love and that life cannot continue without it, for others. What is the terminology use? The poet is using the language rather narratively because rather than describing his emotions hes narrating the events that are happening e. g. Traveling across the wet mead to me here What are the qualities that resonate/evoke with the read er?The poem is rather much head-to-head because he says Woman much missed, how you call to me call to me which confirms the poets love for person missing. He indirectly channels the reader to his feelings through someone else. In the third stanza he starts to question the authenticity of the voice. Can it be you that I hear? The poet uses a mixture of alliteration and assonance to guideaid the reader with these lines. What is the appreciate of this poem? Value the people you love for you never know what the forthcoming holds for you or your spouse/partner in life.Related essay In Exile Poem Line by Line Analysis

No comments:

Post a Comment